Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy New Year!

My New Year resolution,  well I have three. My focus will be on Spirit, Mind and Body.  

For my Spirit: to give all Glory to my Lord Jesus Christ, finish all bible studies we do on our Ladies Bible study and to read the Bible in chronological order.

For my Mind: Scrapbook often, lol I had to promise my children not to buy any more paper for 1 year. I have became a bit of a paper hoarder. Make it a point to do a layout weekly.

Journal in different ways  I want to take more pictures of my husband, children, and church family. 

For my Body: to lose the 50 pounds I had gained while caring for my uncle and fighting with my brothers. I want to replace one meal a  day with soup or salad and walking 5 days a week.

I am hoping to create a more balanced life.

Please feel free to share your ideas and resolutions.


4 comments:

  1. We have a great book called The Story that puts the bible in chronological order for you so you dont get confused and have to bounce around from book to book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a great book called The Story that puts the bible in chronological order for you so you dont get confused and have to bounce around from book to book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Holli! I was reading some of your posts this afternoon. You know, letting God control our lives is never easy....yet, really He does. All we do is complicate things. And letting "go" of our children-well, it's only by the grace of God we can do a good job with that...and emotionally our hearts hang on. And people who haven't had to start letting go have no clue how painful it can be sometimes. Sometimes I don't understand myself. I am so proud and happy with my children and I love watching them make lives for themselves, yet it hurts like crazy to have them on their own. Crazy stuff, life is. ;-) Last year my word from the Lord was "love". Love those hard to love, love those I don't want to love, love more on the ones I love, find different ways to love others, love by actions.... this year I was given
      "contentment" and that overflows into many areas of my life and is going to be much more difficult for me. I feel led to continue "love" as it is uplifting and encouraging to me and the contentment will be harder so it's like a buffer. We shall see how this looks as we go along. I've babbled enough! Happy and blessed 2014 to you!

      Delete